PBS 2800 Koilmatic
Table-Top Electric Automatic Coil Inserter/Crimper
Gateway's KOILMATIC - an affordable fully electric
table-top automatic coil inserter designed with
the digital print market in mind. No tools -
No air required. Bind up to 450 books / hr.
(U.S. Patents # 6,000,897 & # 7,246,982)
- Set of 13 Spine Formers.
- Photo Instruction Manual &
- 8 mm to 20 mm
(1/8" to 5/8" book thickness)
Binding Edge Capabilities
- Onboard electronic diagnostic
- .2475" Pitch - Fits the common
8.5" / 11" / A4 / A5 binding edges.
Preset Cut & Bend
Offcut Disposal Drawer
- Conveniently set for the common
8.5" or 11" edge.
Foot Pedal Actuated
- Fully electric - No air required.
- No tools required for basic setup & changeover.
- LCD Screen - Guides operator
through setup and operation.
- Vertical book placement can
accommodate tabs or wider covers.
- Consistent simultaneous crimping
on both coil ends.
- Convenient presets for the common
- Low maintenance design; no need for
expensive service contracts.
- Uses the same patented technology as
Gateway's PBS 3000 QS Inserter.
Five Simple Steps for Setup & Changeover
- 110 V OR 220 V Single phase
- CE Compliant
- Dimensions 31"W x 22"D x 15"H
(78 cm x 56 cm x 38 cm)
- Net Weight - 135 lbs. (61 kgs)
The KOILMATIC has a Liquid Crystal Display screen that guides
the operator through the machine's setup and operation. The
LCD screen communicates machine status at all times.
Built-in Coil Sizing Gauge
The KOILMATIC has a built-in coil sizing gauge to help the
operator confirm the diameter of coil required in relation to
the book's thickness.
Coil Diameter Changeover
The KOILMATIC does not require tools for basic setup and
changeover. The machine's innovative coil diameter adjustment
provides easy and accurate carriage positioning.
Built-in Spine Former Storage
The pre-punched book is placed in the machine on spine formers.
Spine formers create a curve to the binding edge to allow for easier
coil insertion. The spine formers are conveniently stored inside
the front panel of the KOILMATIC.
Vertical Book Placement
The KOILMATIC has gravity working to its advantage. The
pre-punched book is positioned in the machine on its spine
so tabs or wider covers are no problem.
Pre-set Cut & Bend
Mounted blocks are in place for immediate adjustment for the
common 8.5" or 11" binding edges. The operator simply slides the
cut/bend heads into position and tightens the locking arm. Simple.